- <+Jon> Calm yo tits vision.
- <@Vision> I AM CLAM YOU CALM DOWN
- <~DNT-1> Vision is clam
- <+Jon> Hi clam.
- * @Vision clam
- * Vision is now known as Clam
“chuffed doesnt mean what you think it means”
it means exactly what i think it means its just some stupid word that literally has two definitions that mean the opposite thing
what in the shit pissing fuck
This makes me really chuffed.
This post is quite egregious
Well I’m nonplussed by this whole post.
Welcome to the English Language, enjoy your stay
1. A sneezing fit brought on by allergies. Coined by tumblr user fuckyeahspectravision, who typed “snaerswee” when she sneezed while trying to type “sneezing fit”.
“Hi here’s a post explaining why the thing you’re writing is wrong because I don’t like it. Reasons why include:
- Because it doesn’t turn me on.
- Some of the words you’re using are silly to me so obviously they should be silly and overplayed to you.
- I don’t do it that way so I’m pretty sure no one else does.
- Uh, well that word comes up a lot so I guess it’s not that I’m noticing it, you must just be using a word that shouldn’t be used. I mean I’m pretty sure there’s a limit to how many times some words can be used in English in the same year?
- Because I said so, and as a reader I believe it’s my right to dictate what you do and what you write.
Now go and change everything you do based on the complaints of a total stranger who may or may not know what they’re talking about, and may be basing their opinions on personal bias alone!”
Stop listening to posts telling you something is wrong when interest in the thing you’re writing about is totally subjective.
Some people don’t like certain kinds of sex, some people prefer kissing a specific way, and some people hate seeing the same word more than one time an hour. They will tell you to stop writing what they don’t like, and say it’s overdone or not good enough for their standards, which they apply to everyone else without any evidence that it’s universally true. Guess what, you cannot please everyone, nor are you required to. Please yourself.
Some people will politely offer suggestions, and that’s cool! Those people should be able to accept that you will take their advice under consideration and make the choice you feel is best for what you want to do. A lot of them will be far less polite, and say you should stop doing something or do something else more, sometimes for no other reason than it bothers or pleases them. In those cases I think we should all remember the wise words of Mr. Robert Downey Jr., who said:
“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever the fuck you were gonna do anyway.”
It’s your fic, it’s your work, it’s your decision. This is fanfiction, your writing is not required to be perfect, your ideas do not have to fit a mold. This is your opportunity to test the waters and see what works best. So what if it’s a little unrealistic? So what if you didn’t flawlessly capture every intimate detail? You’ll improve as you go along, and at least you’re writing. Just enjoy the process.